Re: Have to wipe LVM after repeated reinstall

Christopher Boumenot wrote:
Greetings,

I have been noticing a problem with anaconda when repeatedly installing a server with a disk configuration involving LVM. Anaconda will fail because it cannot create the volume group VolumeGroup00. After looking at the disk, it is clear why - the volume group still exists. To get around this I wrote a simple %pre script that destroys all PGs, VGs, and LVs it knows about. A copy of that script may be found at the bottom of this email. Is this the correct solution, or should Anaconda be handling this? I have verified this behavior on RHEL 4u2, and CentOS 4u4.

Doesn't clearpart work?

--

Cheers
John