installaion confusion

Hi, all
   I m new to linux. I have some doubts
When installation begins , initrd is loaded by ISOLINUX. then kernel is loaded.which runs linuxrc script linuxrc mounts cdrom then /sbin/loader is run.

Then monitor and all done by anaconda.

But when I choose installation from harddrive then it asks for location of ISO. and then checks that proper ISO is there or not .
Is this done by anaconda ? OR by linuxrc ?  I m not aware ?       :(
then how is it done ?

Thanxs
Darshak