Re: Two questions about RPM packages

On Thursday 18 January 2007 14:47, Ali Majdzadeh wrote:
> Hi Jesse
> I don't think so. Because this RPM is a part of an installation process.
> The order in which RPMs are installed is the issue, I think. Steven
> suggested to use Requires tag.
> By the way, the RPM mentioned performs some tasks regarding total
> modification of installation, not only some self rpm related post install
> tasks.

Sorry, I think you misunderstood me.

With a kickstart (scripted install), there is a %post section where you can
have things done after all packages are installed, but before the reboot.
Sounds like what you're trying to accomplish with a package trick, when it
would be just easier to do it in kickstart %post.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora