Re: detection of boot media...

Phil Meyer wrote:
When installing from a USB drive, grub will smash the MBR of the USB device at the end of the install. Not good.

This is probably because the BIOS is showing that the USB drive was first and we default to ordering based on the BIOS order when we can detect it via EDD.

You can specify an explicit drive order in your ks.cfg with bootloader --driveorder

Jeremy