Re: kmod support in Anaconda

On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 10:54:02AM -0500, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> I think that what we really want is to more generically support adding
> plugins.  Right now, we don't do any enabling at all of plugins; while
> it may (or may not :-) make sense to do the kmod plugin by default,
> people are over time definitely going to want to enable "their" plugin.

Long term, I'd love to see as much as possible of anaconda's upgrade-kludges
code moved to yum plugins. I'm still chasing that dream of being able to do
live cross-release upgrades cleanly. (I know some things will still require
offline, but a lot of logic like "mozilla was installed; we probably want to
add firefox" could be done.)