Re: Having a iSCSI Flag while Installation

On 7/16/07, Jeremy Katz <katzj redhat com> wrote:

Adding command line flags like this absolutely sucks for the user
experience.  Because it essentially means that unless the user is "in
the know", they don't get to use it at all.  At which point we might as
well not add the code at all.

Do you have any other better idea to tell  the application to decide whether to scan the memory or not?  Otherwise the application has to scan the memory each time while installing.  Moreover diskless install is done by people who have quite a good experience installing Linux systems.  I feel these guys know what diskless install using iSCSI mean.

Jeremy