Network interface configuration with kickstart

Hi

We have some problems with the automatic installation if the server we want to
install, has more than two interfaces to configure. There is now way how i
can be sure that a specific network card gets the right configuration after
the installation. This is because there is no way to specify the MAC address
for a interface. So there is no relation to the real hardware.

am i right that the kickstart command "network" just writes the configuration
in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ ? Why not also write the MAC adress to
this file during installation? This may solve many problems.

This way the Network interfaces are all in the right order and we are all
happy :-)

--
Andreas Zuber
Linux System-Ingenieur

Puzzle ITC GmbH
www.puzzle.ch

Telefon +41 31 370 22 00
Direkt	+41 31 370 22 49
Mobile  +41 79 766 25 51
Fax     +41 31 370 22 01

Puzzle ist Mitglied der Eclipse Foundation:
<http://www.puzzle.ch/eclipse/>