Re: files in updates.img not being implemented

On Wed, 2009-12-02 at 14:22 -0600, Peter Scheie wrote:
> I've made some small changes to network_text.py (in stage2.img) that I
> need for our internal purposes.  I then built an updates.img (compressed
> cpio archive method) containing my file and posted it into the images/
> directory from which we install via http.  Apache's logs show the
> updates.img file being downloaded ahead of stage2.img, as it should be,
> but anaconda is using the network_text.py contained in stage2.img rather
> than mine.  Any ideas why?  I tried building a directory path to

Switch to tty2 once the installer's UI comes up, then run this:

  find /tmp/updates

Your file should be /tmp/updates/network_text.py,
not /tmp/updates/textw/network_text.py.

If there's nothing in /tmp/updates, check /tmp/anaconda.log to see what
went wrong.

HTH