Re: rhel 5.4 patch (#462615)

On Tuesday, May 12 2009, Radek Vykydal said:
> Introduces new kickstart option "clearpart --scrublvm".
> Consists of 2 parts - patch of anaconda and pykickstart.
> The approach is described in anaconda patch.
> I tested it with and without --initlabel, and --drives
> options and also in combination with ignoredisk ks command.
> If you don't like name of the option, I am eager to use
> better.

Two things --

1) We really shouldn't add options in RHEL releases before they're
available in Fedora.  Every time we've done so has ended up being kind
of problematic with customers coming to depend on and really really care
about the option (... even if it later becomes irrelevant :-)

2) Why make it an explicit option?  Instead if it's something that's
needed, let's just do it and then the user doesn't have to worry about
doing it vs not.

Jeremy