Re: rhel 5.4 patch (#462615)

On Wednesday, May 13 2009, Radek Vykydal said:
> I tried also alternative implementation where PVs are cleared
> in clearpart action (in a partition delete request), but

This feels more like what I would expect -- possibly even calling a more
generic clobber method that can scrub lvm and also other fs metadata
(since others have been problematic too :/)

> with that approach it is impossible to clear lvm metadata if
> --initlabel is used.

It's not impossible -- it's just a little bit less clean as we have to
put some "walk partitions, clobber them" functionality into the
initlabel method

Jeremy