rpm-python

Folks,

I know some of you have recently worked on this, for driver disks
(msivak in particular), so I figured I would ask.

I trying to programmatically do the equivalent of an rpm2cpio and
extracting a specific file using rpm-python. I have figured the basics
out (getting the header, etc.) but I wish to avoid what yum and others
are forced to do in working out the payload location. I haven't looked
at Anaconda's implementation yet, but I'm hoping you've found a better
way than implementing what rpm-python already should have done?

Jon.