three small mpath patches (more or less) related to #636570

The first one is to make debugging mpath problems easier in the future.

The second one is the actual fix and, because it is specific to interactive kickstart which we have dully killed with fire upstream, won't be merged to master.

The last one is to improve my development comfort a bit, but is general enough and could be needed later anyway.

Ales