Re: [rhel6-branch] ppc: do not worry about having more than one PReP boot partition (#625831)

On 12/15/2010 11:08 PM, Chris Lumens wrote:
Yes, it does exactly the opposite what was wanted in 579715, but PPC
machines should be able to handle more than one PReP partition on a
disk:  http://playground.sun.com/1275/bindings/prep/prepd0_3.ps

By "it does exactly the opposite", do you mean we will create a new PReP
partition every time you choose to create new partitioning in the empty
space?  I'm worried about a condition to where we end up with a whole
pile of those partition types if you keep doing installs.

Yes, each time someone uses the empty space on a disk to add a new system we have to preserve all the existing PRePs to make sure all the previously installed systems are still bootable. On the other hand if we don't create a new PReP partition, the new system won't be bootable (that's what this BZ is talking about). The way I understand it is you need one PReP partition per each system you want to boot.

Ales