Re: virtio logging for the 2nd time

On 07/19/2010 09:12 PM, Chris Lumens wrote:
msivak and clumens suggested I use our module loading interface we
have in modules.h, so here's an updated set. Since noone complained
about the analog change, I'm not attaching it again.

Note: I had to break the dependency of modules.c on loader.h
(because that would import loader.h in init.c and then a method like
doExit() would be redeclared and yield compilation errors). In the
end I just had to move loadKickstartModules() into kickstart.c which
accidentally got modules.c rid of the Newt dependency.

Looks fine to me.

- Chris

Thanks Chris, pushed.

The description of the functionality and the promised guide to set it up is here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Logging#Remote_logging_via_virtio

also created:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Options#virtiolog

James, Liam: you can start testing from the next anaconda build (anaconda-14.12). Note you need a recent QEMU/KVM for the virtio console devices to work (mine from F13 is qemu-kvm-0.12.3 and works).

You will also notice that it is not as easy to setup and there are some caveats documented on the wiki. I'll try to get in touch with the rsyslogd upstream maintainer to see what we can do about those things.

Ales