[master][f13-branch] Livecd support for arbitrarily complex dir layouts

This patch fixes handling for complex mount structures like the one
described in bug 504986. Due to limitations and what I percieved to
be unnecessary complexity, I pretty much rewrote _doFilesystemMangling.
Now it's a bit longer, but hopefully easier to decipher. The bug it
fixes is an F13Blocker.