Re: Removing the number of supported installation methods

On Thu, 2010-05-13 at 11:33 -0400, Chris Lumens wrote:
> My suggestion is we start by determining which methods are the highest
> maintainence burden.  Which result in the most bugs?  Which are tested
> the least?  Which involve the trickiest code?  Which have the least
> valid use cases?  Then, we work on killing those methods.  Might as well
> get the biggest bang for our code removal buck.

First off, I'd say anything that involves isos seems pretty tricky from
our code point of view, finding the right ones to loop back mount and
handling all those mounts, etc..  Unfortunately having the end user
either loop back mount themselves or try to extract content is also
wrought with failure, due to end user mistakes.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!