Re: Removing the number of supported installation methods

On 05/14/2010 02:05 AM, Jon Masters wrote:
On Wed, 2010-05-12 at 10:18 -0400, James Laska wrote:

Do we really *need* all of these?  From a test perspective, this does
offer challenges.  I'm not listing all the command-line permutations
where the boot media, install.img and package repositories are all in
different locations.  Some suggestions ...

My $0.02. I think this needs a lot of internal RH discussion too.

Jon.

Yes, we have to. Why fedora have so many install and boot methods? Some demands exist there and then were added to anaconda. If we want to remove some, we create a wiki to vote which one can be removed? We list some methods for people to select and submit?

Thanks
Liam