Re: How to shrink the lorax install image ?

Hi,

Seth, but lots of packages can decide if something is installed or not and selectively disable features during runtime.

Unfortunately, RPM doesn't support this, so especially desktop packages list lot of non essential stuff in Depends field. We do not have anything like recommended or optional fields in rpm/yum so we end up installing many files, which are useful but not neccessary.

Of course, there might be a case of completely wrong dependency as well...

--
Martin Sivák
msivak redhat com