Re: How to shrink the lorax install image ?

> So I would like to have a discussion with you guys, if we can come up with some ideas,
> what can we get rid of from the list with some kind of algorithms, globs etc.
> It would be nice if we could find some "relations" between some of the files, and
> remove all of them at once, not one file at a time.

Well there's a lot of packages that obviously shouldn't be there:

- emacs
- gnome-bluetooth
- kde*
- mysql
- qt
- samba*
- xine

Then there's some packages that are probably getting pulled in for deps,
but that we should be able to lose:

- perl

And then there's globs we can probably get rid of:

- /usr/share/alsa/*
- /usr/share/doc
- /usr/share/gnome/help
- /usr/share/man
- /usr/share/mime
- /usr/share/selinux
- /usr/share/sgml

Cranking up the debug level on yum should help to figure out why some of
these strange packages are getting installed.