Re: [master 1/2] Restarting anaconda.

Hi Brian,

On 05/21/2010 01:24 AM, Brian C. Lane wrote:

On 05/19/2010 07:49 AM, Ales Kozumplik wrote:
Provides a shell script that restarts stage2 anaconda by killing it along
with everything it has spwawned (X server, metacity).

This also needs some support by the loader.

+int restart_anaconda() {
+    if (access("/tmp/restart_anaconda", R_OK))
+        return 0;
+    puts("Restarting Anaconda.");
+    return 1;
+}

I would remove the /tmp/restart_anaconda file here as well. Better to
let the receiver remove the trigger than to depend on a timeout in the
sender.

Right, thanks.

+
+RESTART_FILE=/tmp/restart_anaconda
+LOADER_PID=`cat /var/run/loader.run`
+ANACONDA_PID=`cat /var/run/anaconda.pid`

Wouldn't this work?

kill -s KILL -$ANACONDA_PID

Or am I missing something about anaconda's processes/threading?

Hopefully not, I was trying to be extra careful and do the killing post-order. This would be a lot neater, I will try it.

Ales