Re: User Experience improvements for Anaconda

> Dennis Gregorovic (dgregor redhat com) said:
> > A related feature request that I am hoping to propose for F15 is
> > MultiSpin Installation.  This is essentially the ability to have
> > multiple spins on the same ISO, using a single installable image.  I've
> > started on the feature page but haven't gotten too far.
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/MultiSpinInstallation
>
> The EMEA people worked on a version of this for F-14; it didn't
> have 'minimal duplication', though. Might want to see what they
> were doing.

I looked into it briefly, skimming their email archives.  As a result of
the duplication, their version would require a dual layer DVD, which I
believe is a significant drawback.  On the other hand, their approach
handles Live images, whereas mine probably would not. So, I think there
is opportunity for both approaches.

> Of course, there's tangential discussion as to what we should do with
> spins entirely.

I wasn't aware of this.  I'll keep a closer eye on this.

Thanks
-- Dennis