Re: User Experience improvements for Anaconda

Is it such a big deal to have one normal local user account on your system? Are there
any downsides to this? What if the NIS server dies, how will you login in an emergency?

I like the idea of not having root, and having only a local user setup with sudo rights
in anaconda. Then if I really need the root account, I can do it in command line manually.
In my opinion anaconda+firstboot should make life easier for people who don't know much
about the system. If you're an advanced user, and really need a root user account,
you should already have the knowledge how to create it in command line by yourself.
You shouldn't need a GUI wizard for that.

--

  Martin Gracik