Re: RFE: mount newly formatted volumes with barrier=0

On 01/03/2011 06:56 PM, Eric Sandeen wrote:

>  Sure.  I imagine we'll see measurable benefit since installs are
>  metadata intensive.

Yeah, it should be a win.

Switching off barriers for a -freshly-made- filesystem is fine with me.

Just need to be 100% sure that it doesn't persist in fstab, and that we
do not mount -existing- filesystems with barriers off.

I don't know the anaconda code, but I'd go for mounting normally, then issuing a 'mount -o remount,barrier=0' to disable barriers for the duration of the install.