Reduce code duplication in storage.devices.

This patch set, especially #4, removes a bunch of code duplication in
the Device classes' setup/teardown/create/destroy methods.

The only part I'm not totally happy with is the UI stuff. I like the
idea, but it seems less than elegant. Ideas for improvement are welcome.