Re: Draft proposal for using full anaconda as the default Fedora download

On 01/21/2011 11:51 AM, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-01-21 at 19:25 +0000, Máirín Duffy wrote:
>> After some discussion in #anaconda earlier this week I put together a
>> proposal for using a full anaconda environment as the default
>> installation method for Fedora rather than the current live installation
>> environment. Before I sent this to fedora-devel (which I'm admittedly
>> terrified of) I was hoping you folks might be willing to look over it
>> below and sanity-check it for me?
>>
>> The next step I think is maybe to have some discussion on fedora-devel
>> and propose it to FESCo.
>>
>> I really appreciate any feedback!
>
> In case it's easier to read:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Duffy/Default_Install_Proposal

One additional point that should be made in favor of shifting back to a
more "normal" install process (using the full anaconda environment) is
that doing a network install form a Live CD is basically impossible,
mostly due to the lack of ability to boot a Live CD over the internet.

Just my $0.02 however.

- John 'Warthog9' Hawley