[newui] Improve network requirement checking and fix a bug.

This is a slightly expanded version of the patches to fix DVD repo
setup with no network. I noticed that the packages property had the
same problem as groups, so I refactored the pieces of the test into
properties of the base Payload class since it all just operates on
ksdata Repo instances.