Where are disks without partition table?

Hi,

let's assume someone plugs in a disk without any partition table, like this:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda bs=1K count=1

Devicetree then does not see the disk:

disk = storage.devicetree.getDeviceByName('sda')
print disk
'None'

Where is the disk 'hidden'? Don't tell me I have to use lsblk to find it
manually, I expect anaconda knows at least something about it - in GUI
it asks 'do you want to intialize the drive?'. I want either to create a
partition table on it (how?) or to put it directly into
RAID/LVM/whatever (i.e. assign a pyanaconda.storage.format to it?)

Jan