I'd like to introduce you to two new contributors who are going to be
put the new Anaconda UI through some usability tests:
- Meet Stephanie (cc'ed), who is my UX intern through the Outreach
Program for Women  for the next few months. She is a computer science
& engineering student from the University of California Merced. Her
internship project involves helping us evaluate the usability of the new
- Meet Filip (also cc'ed), who is a student working on a diploma thesis
in usability testing & tooling. He is friends with Jaroslav Reznik and
is going to be helping us with the usability testing plan, and he is
also going to be helping us on the ground running some tests at DevConf.cz.
One important part of a usability testing plan is giving the users who
will be running the tests a brief survey to understand their background
and technical experience with respect to the software being tested.
Having this information about the testers will help us better
the test results.
Stephanie has put together an initial cut of the survey we'll be handing
to users before they take the Anaconda usability test. We're looking for
some feedback on the survey itself - we don't need your answers to the
survey, just comments on the structure / content of the survey itself.
:) The specific kind of feedback we are looking for is as follows:
- Did we miss any key technologies in the lists of questions to ask?
- Is any of the wording inaccurate or technically incorrect?
- Are there key technical experience or demogrpahic questions that would
affect a user's experience through the interface that we should be
asking and aren't here?
I've pasted the latest survey draft below - please let us know your
1) Please circle which of the following age ranges applies to you:
2) How often do you use computers and for what reasons? (circle all that
I don't use computers often.
I use computers for work.
I use computers at home.
I know how to program.
3) How much experience do you have with any system administration?
4) Do you have experience installing any Operating Systems? Which ones?
Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Other Linux ________
Apple OS X
5) Do you have experience installing any Virtual Machines? Which ones?
6) What different file systems are you familiar with? (circle all that
ext2 / ext3 / ext4
HFS / HFS+
7) Have you used any of the following networked file systems?
8) Do you have experience with advanced storage technologies?
a) If so, which kinds? (circle all that apply)
b) If so, do you have a preferred storage vendor?
9) How much experience do you have with Logical Volume Management (LVM)?
I've used it before as an automatically-selected / default storage option
I've customized it manually before
I've resized LVs before
I've managed LVM storage across multiple machines
10) Do you prefer to configure software RAID?
If so, please specify:
RAID 10 RAID 0+1
you customize your storage configuration when installing Linux,
how many disks, what kind of layout, and what technologies do you most
often use? (Please draw a diagram of how you would set this up)
12) Do you have any other comments about file and storage technologies
that you want to share?
Anaconda-devel-list mailing listAnaconda-devel-list redhat comhttps://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/anaconda-devel-list