Re: F19 beta crash specifying extlinux

Op 4-6-2013 1:41, Adam Williamson schreef:
On Mon, 2013-06-03 at 17:19 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
On Mon, Jun 03, 2013 at 02:11:28PM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
For one thing, extlinux isn't actually on the DVDs at all, so far: it
wasn't listed in @anaconda-tools or any other group, so nothing pulled
it into DVD composes. So I'd certainly expect this to fail for a DVD
install.
Well that'd do it. I've been exclusively testing network installs, because
as mentioned in the feature my target is cloud images. Howwwwever, I would
like it to work in other cases as well.
Looks like the install was done from a live image:

11:47:30,414 INFO anaconda: anaconda called with cmdline =
['/sbin/anaconda', '--liveinst',
'--method=livecd:///dev/mapper/live-osimg-min', '--lang', 'en_US.UTF-8']

so that's likely the cause (extlinux package isn't on the lives either).
Adding it to anaconda-tools would cause it to be added to the lives,
but...

I added it to comps for F20 a few days back but didn't do it for F19; I
wasn't sure if we should poke it at this point. I guess I can do it now
and hope the DVD doesn't go over size...
It'll add a little under 2MB. It could be less if we refactored the RPM a
little bit.
...2MB is OK for the DVD, I think, but the desktop live is *very* close
to its limit. I'll do a test compose and see if we can squeeze extlinux
in there safely or not.

In BUG #963697 I reported this too. My first try ended, because it could not find syslinux-extlinux. However when I retried the installation from a tree where syslinux-extlinux could be found, I ended up with a system that still had an MBR with grub2 on it from a earlier install. I haven't checked if syslinux was actually installed.

But it looks like extlinux does not install itself properly on the MBR.

Koos.