Re: Installing CentOS 7 with livemedia-creator

On Monday, January 5, 2015, 2:23:56 PM, Brian C. Lane wrote:
> The kickstart restriction is that /boot and / need to be the same
> partition so that it can find the kernel and initrd after the
> installation is complete.

Brian,

Don't you mean that /boot and / need to be on the same volume?

My  understanding  is  that  they could be in the same partition (with
/boot  simply  a  directory within the / partition - provided the boot
loader  supports  the  filesystem), or separate partitions on the same
volume.  In either case, symbolic links connect some resources in /etc
(such as the grub2 configuration file) to the actual boot resources in
/boot.

Al