Re: connecting github to the email lists

On Fri, 2015-01-30 at 08:19 -0800, Brian C. Lane wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 07:58:22AM -0500, David Shea wrote:
> > Another possibility is to use the web-service hook mechanism to
> > send a HTTP
> > request somewhere any time a pull request is created or commented
> > on, and we
> > could generate emails from that. The downsides are obvious: we
> > would have to
> > 1) host it, and 2) write it. Though maybe #2 isn't entirely true,
> > since I
> > have a hard time believing that we're the first ones to do
> > something like
> > this. Does anyone know of a github thing, web service or
> > otherwise, to generate pull request emails?
>
> And a 3rd, similar, possibility is to run something from cron that
> queries the various things we're interested in using the github API
> and does the posting to the list itself.
>
> I'm starting to think that maybe integrating with the list is more
> trouble than it's worth. We're already going to be getting the pull
> request emails sent to us since we're owners/members of the team.
> Anyone else interested can watch the repos using github to get the
> same messages.

They can also use Fedora Notifications. Ralph has an example of using
it to get notifications for specific github activity here:

http://threebean.org/blog/latest-fmn-release/

perhaps you could talk to him about having a pre-canned filter for
anaconda messages or something, and some info for interested parties
to set that up?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey