Monitoring ataraid devices in linux 2.4

Cesare D'Amico cesare at ngi.it
Thu Nov 11 08:52:00 UTC 2004

Hi all, is there a way to monitor the health status of 2 ataraid disk in
raid mirror? Something similar to mdadm, which sends me a mail if a
disk dies...
Moreover, how can perform restoration after changing the died disk?

Last thing: a friend said that on my promise tx 2000 with ataraid module
(debian with linux 2.4.26), if a disk dies the whole array isn't
visible anymore by the os... is that true?

Thanks all, ciao
     ce
--
Cesare D'Amico - Key on pgp.mit.edu, ID 92802693
PHPDay 2004 - 4 Dicembre, Universita` di Roma Tor Vergata