Grub wierdness

post-meridian at comcast.net post-meridian at comcast.net
Fri Aug 19 00:11:59 UTC 2005

I'm new to the list so forgive me if this has been answered before. I have a DFI K8M800-MLVF motherboard. I have 2 160GB Seagate SATA drives. After loading SuSE, Fedora Core  4, Debian, Gentoo, Ubuntu, and several other distributions (can't remember all I've tried), Grub hangs on either Stage 1.5 or Stage 2.

I finally got Knoppix (KnoppMyth, actually) loaded and working. Knoppix uses LILO as the boot loader. Since I have an AMD 64 CPU I'd like to use one of the 64bit Linuxes but so far can't get past the Grub problem. Has anyone got the same hardware working with Grub? If so, how do you do it?

Thanks,
Mike