The big dump

paul moore paulm2012 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 9 10:44:48 UTC 2005

 Hi all,
  I need your help to finish fixing this. I lost Örjan's system for
testing (he had to go back to studies 150%) but I think I got enough
information on his problem to continue on. I would use my own system
but all the drives have been partitioned under Linux so the problem
doesn't show up. What I need is some partitioning information from
anyone useing windows 98, NT-XX, 2000, or XP to boot their system.
The partitioning needs to have been done by the OS that is running on
the drive and it needs to be dual booted with Linux. This does not need
to be a RAID system. Would be especially interested in NTFS, since it
was what Örjan was running. I will need the following:

 A dd of the first sector of your boot drive as below

 dd if=/dev/your-boot-drive of=/anywhere/anything.bin count=1

 and a linux fdisk list of your partitions (p command).

Tar.gz these and attach them to an email telling which OS they came from
and send it off to my email address.
 That's all, I shouldn't have to bother you again.

 All donations and gifts graciously accepted,

  Paul