dmraid and promise fasttrak controller

Dick Marinus dm at chello.nl
Fri Jan 14 17:53:14 UTC 2005

> This looks like bit 8 set in raid.status of the Promise metadata
> (see dmraid -n output), which is used to indicate a broken mirror in
> dmraid.
Yes, I came to the same conclusion, I've hacked the source to
((pdc)->raid.status & 0x00)
so it's always 0 :)
After this dmraid correctly detected it.

> What does your Promise BIOS tell about the array status ?
It tells me it's functional, and pdcraid from 2.4 is also working fine

Though...

After a initrd nightmare I've got a /dev/mapper/pdc_jjajccdd and partitions,
but only the first three partitions mounted fine. I couldn't mount the last
partition :-(

During the initialisation from dmraid the kernel complained about an incorrect
size, it looked like the last block device was zero sized.

While hacking dmraid's code I was really amazed about the clean code! Keep up
the good work :-)