Partition problems?

paul moore paulm2012 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 21 13:16:59 UTC 2005

--- Heinz Mauelshagen <mauelshagen at redhat.com> wrote:

> Paul,
>
> thanks for the patch.
> Integrating it into .rc6.
>
> I'll avoid the global EXTENDED_ROOT in order to make
> the code reentrant.

EXTENDED_ROOT is *THE* major player in the patch. It has to be set to
zero once, and only once per raid set. So you don't want to put it
in any recursive function unless it recurses once per raid set.
Also, the code that is removed needs to stay removed for this to
work right. I did find some strangeness at one point in the patch, but
when applied to rc5f it works out fine, so I wouldn't try to apply
it by hand to rc6 without applying it to rc5f first to see what is
going on.

 Later,
  Paul