Anaconda and Fedora Core 4

Molle Bestefich molle.bestefich at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 17:15:06 UTC 2005

On 7/27/05, Molle Bestefich <molle.bestefich at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a patch for GRUB that allows it to install correctly on dmraid
> devices, if anyone's interested.

Here, it fixes a bug in grub 0.96 when you have a primary partition
larger than ~ 2.4 GB and also one or more extended partitions and want
to use the GRUB shell to install GRUB on a device mapper (dmraid)
device.

Not sure if it applies to 0.97 cleanly - you tell me :-).

Beware of using GRUB with HPT controllers - there's a risk of
destroying your array if you don't know what you're doing.

If you can't get GRUB to work, there's always the possibility of
creating a GRUB boot floppy.
The boot floppy will access your ATARAID devices through your RAID
card's BIOS, and will therefore see the correct devices...