Installation on RAID-only system

Luca Berra bluca at comedia.it
Sun Mar 20 16:30:02 UTC 2005

On Sat, Mar 19, 2005 at 02:55:35PM -0800, Molle Bestefich wrote:
>> First I got this error from LILO:
>> "Fatal: Sorry, don't know how to handle device 0xfe00.
>
>... Sending Gmail from a text-only browser is tricky ;-).  I'll
>continue where I left off...
>
>Turns out Christophe Saout has a patch for that particular error, that
>adds some device-mapper support to LILO.  Available at www.saout.de.
>
>Unfortunately, it only works with a tiny subset of the device-mapper
>targets - namely the "linear" target.  Thus it won't allow LILO to be
>written on my RAID0 (or a RAID1..) disks.

there is another patch
tienstra4.flatnet.tudelft.nl/~gerte/gen2dmraid/
unfortunately Christophe's patch only work for linear device-mapped devs (eg. lvm2)
and Gerte's patch only works for mirrored device-mapped devs (dmraid)

we would nee a good mix of those two patches.

L.

Luca Berra -- bluca at comedia.it
        Communication Media & Services S.r.l.
 /"\