dmraid and raid 1 created with nvraid

Ben Morse ben at genplan.com
Fri May 13 12:22:43 UTC 2005

You are in luck, I have your exact same motherboard.  Which raid chip
are you using?  I would highly recomend NOT using the sii one, it isn't
that good, and dmraid doesn't support it.  The nvidia raid however works
just fine with dmraid.  Dmraid will allow you to read and write to the
ARRAY created by windows xp, HOWEVER you will not be able to WRITE to
your nfts xp partiton.  If you shrink the partiton and make space for
linux, it will live alongside with the windows xp partiton.
-ben