problems with via controller and msdos partitions

Molle Bestefich molle.bestefich at gmail.com
Tue May 17 21:30:12 UTC 2005

Alessandro Jacopini wrote:
> localhost kernel: device-mapper: error adding target
> to table

I've got no idea what the above means, unfortunately..
Was there no other messages?
I'd expect it to say something clearer (perhaps before the above message).

> dmraid -v via

Doesn't look like correct syntax to me..

> command reports a wrong size, 240121727

What unit is it reporting in?
A sector is usually 512 bytes, so if the above is sectors, the number
would correspond to 114 GB (eg. a "120GB" disk).

> for two 120MB drives in mirroring mode.

GB?

I'm sorry I can't be of more help..