dmraid and fdisk help please.

Michael Kovacs mkovacs at shaw.ca
Thu May 26 04:58:03 UTC 2005

I want to ditch Windows XP. I have a dual boot system with Windows XP on
HDA and Fedora Core 3 on HDB. I also have a Promise Fasttrack stripe set
on HDE and HDG. I have backed up my important data on the array, and
deleted the NTFS Partition. I rebooted into Linux and activated the
array again. Next I ran fdisk to create a new partition under linux.

Fdisk reported the following:

 [root at becca michael]# /sbin/fdisk /dev/mapper/pdc_dcbagbdid

The number of cylinders for this disk is set to 19929.
There is nothing wrong with that, but this is larger than 1024,
and could in certain setups cause problems with:
1) software that runs at boot time (e.g., old versions of LILO)
2) booting and partitioning software from other OSs
   (e.g., DOS FDISK, OS/2 FDISK)

Please help!