Support fot ULi (ALI or nVidia?) RAIDs

Alex Ryabtsev alxsey at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 28 02:30:06 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 14:09 -0500, Dan wrote:
> Alex Ryabtsev wrote:
> > Probably I am missing something or miisunderstanding...
> >
> > I think I saw discussion regarding support for ULi chipsets (like
> > M5287/M5288) and even RAID5 there.
> >
> > Please clarify my thoughts - is something like this coming into the way?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Alex

> I'm not sure about RAID5, but dmraid for RAID1 and RAID0 (at least, it's
> working fine for 0 for me, and RAID1 is easier, so I would assume both)
> is working flawlessly in FC5. I don't know whether dmraid supports
> ALi/ULi, but it does support NVRAID.
> -Dan

Perhaps I was not clear on subject. Of course it works with nvraid (it
is stated in readme file) and I know it is works in general (I am using
it with embedded Promise controller on A7V). The question was - is there
any support (or planned or in development or...) for ULi which is in
fact part of ULi 1735 southbridge. If there is no - how I, as the owner
of mentioned ULi controller can help? And finally is there way or, once
again plans, to support RAID5 introduced there and in nVidia chipsets?
As a note: as I understood - this motherboard (A8R32-MVP) can even boot
from RAID5, despite it is as somebody noted - shraid (soft/hard
raid ;-))

Regards,
Alex