FC5 seek errors in the initrd - console log

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Tue Mar 28 16:43:40 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 07:42 -0500, James Olson wrote:
> When I boot using FC5 installed on a SCSI drive /dev/sda I get a bunch
> of seek errors on my Sil 680 raid controller dmraid drives. (the
> drives I don't want partition scanned are /dev/hde, hdf, hdg.  Here is
> a trimmed down log (using a serial console) of the errors in the
> initrd to aid in troubleshooting:

Historically, this means your drive is dead.  There's one other
possibility though -- can you show me the part of your boot log where
ide disks are probed?  It should be well before nash is run.

I think you're hitting a bug that actually has nothing to do with
dmraid, but I can't be totally sure just yet.
--
  Peter