FC5 seek errors in the initrd - console log

James Olson big_spender12 at lycos.com
Wed Mar 29 00:33:11 UTC 2006

<snip..>
no, the raid drives do work after the system comes up and I can use them with dmraid -ay as usual.

>There's one other
> possibility though -- can you show me the part of your boot log where
> ide disks are probed?  It should be well before nash is run.
I will put the first part up that shows the scanning of the drives (the log is on my other computer that I used to do the serial console capture).

> I think you're hitting a bug that actually has nothing to do with
> dmraid, but I can't be totally sure just yet.
In looking at the console log, the seek errors seem to start right after the first nash mount command, which is mounting the /proc filesystem.  (I know it says mounting proc, but the line before that is the actual mount command.  In FC4 it said "mounted" proc at that point, different tense (smiles).