newest mm kernel, nash, mkinitrd, boot hang

James Olson big_spender12 at lycos.com
Tue May 23 11:04:50 UTC 2006

 Hi Peter,
I am wondering, are you running Fedora using "development" software repository? The latest developement kernel is 2.6.16-1.2208_FC6, which is based on kernel 2.6.17rc4-git9.  I have not tried this kernel as I am not running a "development" system.

Anyway, I also tried reverting the -mm kernel patches (all at once) and recompiled generic kernel 2.6.17-rc4 (no more -mm2) and it still freezes.  One difference between the kernels is the kernel log string on the old kernel for the device mapper loading is:
device-mapper: 4.5.0-ioctl (2005-10-04) initialised: dm-devel at redhat.com
the new kernel has
4.6.0-ioctl (2006-02-17) so it's newer.
    -James