Dmraid development status - 1.0.0rc15?

Antti Mäkelä zarhan at cs.tut.fi
Sun Aug 31 17:46:35 UTC 2008

Hi,

   Anyone know when is dmraid 1.0.0rc15 going to be released? I'm
especially interested about the Intel RAID5 rebuild support and also the
(apparent) RAID10 support - at least it's hinted to in the sources. (I'm
running a Intel Matrix setup where I have most of my system - both Linux
and Windows - in a RAID5 and swap/temp on RAID0.)

   http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/dmraid/?cvsroot=dm shows that
last changes were 2 months ago...when will it be released?

   Also, kernel patches for dmraid45 module (at
http://people.redhat.com/~heinzm/sw/dm/dm-raid45/) stop at 2.6.25rc2 - at
the moment I'm running kernel 2.6.24 and it works, but if I ever need to
upgrade kernel - what am I supposed to do? Can dmraid utilize the kernel's
own raid456 module and doesn't need patches anymore? Or what is the
situation?

   Thanks.

--
- Antti