status of dmraid tool?

Ian Stakenvicius, Aerobiology Research ian at aerobiology.ca
Tue Jul 27 13:55:59 UTC 2010

On 27/07/10 05:50 AM, Heinz Mauelshagen wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-07-26 at 12:25 -0400, Ian Stakenvicius, Aerobiology
> Research wrote:
>
>> Hey all -- I noticed there hasn't been much in the way of changes to
>> the dmraid tool as of late, so I went googling and found about 60
>> patches on patchwork.kernel.org that seem to relate to dmraid since
>> the release of 1.0.0.rc16.  I was wondering if there was an updated
>> tarball available someplace now, or if there will be in the near
>> future?
>>

> Those are all available via the sources repository.
>
> If there's more demand for a tarball coming in,
> I may do another one.
>
> Regards,
> Heinz

Would it also be possible to add a bit of commentary to the README file
or project homepage regarding where development sources are located?
(ie, that development is handled under the dm-devel project on
sourceware.org, and maybe also add the CVS checkout info?)   I just ran
across these updates with a per-chance googling effort; there doesn't
seem to be any documentation within the dmraid tarballs or
http://people.redhat.com/heinzm/sw/dmraid/ that pointed to where
development sources or updates are located..

(since I don't have any experience with redhat variants i would not have
known about sourceware.org or sources.redhat.com from any other means)

Thanks,
Ian