[augeas-devel] Re: [config-model-users] Semantic problem in augeas sshd lens ?

Dominique Dumont domi.dumont at free.fr
Sat Aug 2 08:20:27 UTC 2008

David Lutterkort <dlutter at redhat.com> writes:

> It's two different ways of mapping array-like constructs into the tree:
> lenses can either create multiple nodes with the same label, or use
> 'seq' to generate labels that are integers taken from a sequence.
>
> The reason to use one or the other has to do with subtleties about how
> whitespace/formatting is preserved, especially when you delete a subtree
> in the middle of the file. My OLS paper[1] has an explanation of those.

Understood. The problem I face is to save the content of a
config-model tree into an augeas tree. config-model model has the
notion of list but does not distinguish between a "seq-like" list and
a "multiple node" like list.

Is there a way to query Augeas at run-time what kind of list it wants ?

> I agree that that [sshd] schema would make more sense in this case -
> I'd appreciate if somebody would work up a patch for sshd.aug,
> otherwise I'll try and do it some time next week.

If you don't have time, I'll have a look when I'm back from vacation
in about 3 weeks.

All the best

Dominique