[augeas-devel] [Interfaces] Draft lense

Free Ekanayaka free at 64studio.com
Wed Aug 20 17:11:58 UTC 2008

Hi Raphaël,

|--==> Raphaël Pinson writes:

  RP> Same, my last email should answer this.
  RP> By the way, can we have trailing comments in interfaces, like

  RP> address 192.168.1.1  # what a cool IP

  RP> If this is the case, you'd have to support it also. I've settled down to map
  RP> this in entries as (comment|eol) instead of eol to end up an entry.

Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out.

  RP> 3) Lines splitted with the backslash character create problems, for
  >>example:
  >>
  >>iface lo inet \
  >>loopback
  >>
  >>I've tried to replace:
  >>
  >>let spc          = Util.del_ws_spc
  >>
  >>with
  >>
  >>let spc = del /([ \t]+|[ \t]*\\\n[ \t]*)/ " "
  >>

  RP> You're missing some \. It should read

  RP> let spc = del /([ \t]+|[ \t]*\\\\\n[ \t]*)/ " "

  RP> Yes, that's a lot of backslashes!

Oh you're right! I had removed two backslashes because it did not work
at first, but trying again now it seems all fine. Maybe that's because
I was using the 0.3.0 release, while I compiled the hg head now.

  RP> By the way, it is (imo) a good practice to make your test file as ugly as
  RP> possible (!). Ideally, you'd want your lens to support not only the nice
  RP> examples in the manpage, but virtually anything users could write that the
  RP> official parser could read, so I find that writing horrible (see
  RP> test_sudoers.aug) test files helps making sure that your lens will parse
  RP> them.

Completely true, I'll definitely make it uglier as I move on solving
issues. I was just starting to play with simple cases to experiment
with lenses.

Ciao!

Free