[augeas-devel] Re: ANNOUNCE: ruby-augeas 0.2.0

Free Ekanayaka free at 64studio.com
Wed Aug 27 08:32:12 UTC 2008

Hi David,

|--==> On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 02:13:01 +0000, David Lutterkort <lutter at redhat.com> said:

  DL> I am pleased to announce the availability of version 0.2.0 if the Ruby
  DL> bindings for Augeas.

  DL> There are really only two changes in this version:

  DL>      1. aug_close can now be called explicitly so that the memory
  DL>         associated with an Augeas handle is released sooner than on the
  DL>         next gc run
  DL>      2. A binding for the new aug_mv call (added in Augeas 0.3.0) to
  DL>         move subtrees around

  DL> Download: http://augeas.net/download/ruby/
  DL> Sources: http://hg.et.redhat.com/misc/ruby-augeas
  DL> Additional info: http://augeas.net/download.html

  DL> Packages for Fedora are making their way through the build system.

  DL> Is anybody interested in getting ruby-augeas into Debian and/or Ubuntu ?
  DL> That would be a great help for people trying to use Augeas from puppet.

I am not a ruby user, so probably I'd better leave ruby-augeas to
someone else, but I've made a Debian package for python-augeas. I did
not upload it yet to the official Debian repository, but I'm going to
do that soon (I'm a Debian Developer). This will make it appear in
Ubuntu as well next time they sync their repository with Debian/sid.

Ciao,

Free